Discover how Ontario Power Generation is committed to regulatory compliance through regular environmental reports, station events and updates, and operational performance reports.
Commitment to reporting
OPG reports to regulatory bodies to ensure safe oversight and management of our facilities, including:
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC): All nuclear construction, equipment, safety systems, security, operating limits, licences, decommissioning and waste management are subject to CNSC approval.
- Environmental legislation, which includes the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, the Fisheries Act, Canadian Nuclear Safety Act and others.
- Ontario Energy Board (OEB): OPG’s economic regulator who approves our regulated payments.
- Provincial and municipal legislation: including the Ontario Energy Board Act, the Electricity Act, the Environmental Protection Act, the Ontario Water Resources Act and the Environmental Assessment Act, etc.
- Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) ensures compliance with contract requirements and market rules.
Environmental and performance reports
Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) Reports
Groundwater Monitoring Reports
Impingement Monitoring Reports
Environmental Emissions Data Reports
- 2019 Q3 Pickering (PDF)
- 2019 Q3 Darlington (PDF)
- 2019 Q3 Western Waste Management (PDF)
- 2019 Q2 Pickering (PDF)
- 2019 Q2 Darlington (PDF)
- 2019 Q2 Western Waste Management (PDF)
- 2019 Q1 Pickering (PDF)
- 2019 Q1 Darlington (PDF)
- 2019 Western Waste Management (PDF)
- 2018 Q4 Pickering (PDF)
- 2018 Q4 Darlington (PDF)
- 2018 Q4 Western Waste Management (PDF)
- 2018 Q3 Pickering (PDF)
- 2018 Q3 Darlington (PDF)
- 2018 Q3 Western Waste Management (PDF)
世界杯预选赛赛程表For older reports, visit the .
Pickering Performance Reports
Darlington Performance Reports
Nuclear safety oversight
世界杯预选赛赛程表OPG’s nuclear safety regulator is the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC).
世界杯预选赛赛程表Under the Nuclear Safety and Control Act (NSCA), the CNSC is responsible for:
- Regulating all nuclear facilities and nuclear-related activities in Canada, and
- Granting station operating licences, which set out the regulations and requirements that stations must operate under.
Oversight of OPG
The CNSC has a presence at each nuclear station in Canada, with continuous access to inspect our stations and review our activities and report to the CNSC Tribunal, an appointed body of individuals who provide further oversight on nuclear activities.
世界杯预选赛赛程表OPG must notify the CNSC of activities which meet the criteria for 'Event Reports', provided to CNSC staff when an activity meets the thresholds set out by the Commission’s regulation document 3.1.1, available below.
世界杯预选赛赛程表Event Reports number fewer than 100 per year, but receive intense scrutiny for causes, corrective action and resolution.
A handful of ‘Event Reports’ may warrant further review by the CNSC Tribunal at one of their regularly held public meetings, where root cause, remedial actions and resolution are discussed in a public forum.
世界杯预选赛赛程表Learn more at